The application of sophisticated analysis tools to postnatal, infant and paediatric imaging data is of interest to a substantial proportion of the MICCAI community. The main objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers in the MICCAI community to discuss the challenges of image analysis techniques as applied to the preterm, perinatal and paediatric setting.
Advanced medical image analysis allows the detailed scientific study of conditions such as prematurity and the study of both normal singleton and twin development in addition to less common conditions unique to childhood. This workshop will bring together methods and experience from researchers and authors working on these younger cohorts and will provide a forum for the open discussion of advanced image analysis approaches focused on the analysis of growth and development in the perinatal, preterm and paediatric period.
Potential methods will cover the full scope of medical image analysis, but there must be an application to younger cohorts or to the long term outcomes of perinatal conditions.
Topics may include:
- Image Registration, Segmentation or Classification
- Image Reconstruction
- Atlas Construction
- Diffusion Imaging (including tractography applications)
- Longitudinal and Cross-sectional Studies
- Advanced structural imaging (e.g. advanced DWI or g-ratio analysis)
- Advanced functional imaging (e.g. network-based analysis)
- Fetal and/or placental image analysis
- Cardio-pulmonary Image analysis
- Abdominal Imaging
- Measurement of long-term cognitive outcome
- Correlation of imaging biomarkers with functional measurements
Workshop Date: 10th September 2017
Workshop Location: Quebec City
Workshop Deadline: 10th June 2017
- To disseminate new work to the most relevant members of the MICCAI community
- To take part in discussion of new techniques for imaging of younger cohorts.